Entries in Mercedes-Benz (28)
In their latest episode the wizards of Petrolicious (what the hell — when do you produce all this awesome stuff?) portray Jack Olsen ("Horsepower is something that looks great in a magazine article, but suspension is actually what gets you along the track ... fast."), his "Black Beauty II" 1972 Porsche 911 and his famous 12-Gauge Garage. Especially the garage is nothing for the faint-herated. Or is it just me who went green with envy?
Btw, 'episodes'. It ain't easy to follow Petrolicious' and their new releases, so here is everything you may have missed 'em. Enjoy.
Yes, you can. You can visit two car shows (LA Auto Show, Essen Motor Show), three world premieres (Mercedes-AMG SLS AMG Coupé Black Series, Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force, smart forjeremy) and several parties in five days. Here's a quick journal:
- Tuesday, November 27th (early): HAM-FRA-LAX
- Tuesday, November 27th: Arrival Los Angeles
- Tuesday, November 27th: Beverly Hills on smart electric bikes
- Tuesday, November 27th: Presentation Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force
- Tuesday, November 27th: Presentation smart forjeremy at the Jim Henson Company
- Wednesday, November 28th: LA Motor Show
- Wednesday, November 28th: Santa Monica
- Wednesday, November 28th: Departure (LAX-MUC-DUS)
- Tuesday, November 29th: Arrival in DUS
- Tuesday, November 29th: Dinner with Chem-Tools
- Friday, November 30th: Essen Motor Show 2012, meetings
- Friday, November 30th: AUTO BILD Race Night
- Saturday, December 1st: Essen Motor Show 2012, meetings
- Saturday, December 1st (late): Back in Hamburg
- Sunday, December 2nd: BRAINDEAD
- Monday, December 3rd: BRAINDEAD
What I learned: You need a really good condition (err ... really?). And some good friends, who help you.
I would like to thank Mercedes-Benz/smart for the hospitality, Klaus Rasch for saving me from the police in Santa Monica, Thomas Backe and Dieter Hofem for picking me up in DUS, Manfred Prescher and Stefan Müller for the wonderful Race Night — and DOTZ/AEZ for gallons of coffee.
And not to forget — thank you David Fischer (Highsnobiety), Mathias "MC Winkel" Winks (Whudat), Marcel Winatschek (Amy & Pink), Michael Kaune (QVEST) and Matthias Arens (Quality) for teaching me lessons in "Lifestyle, Ego-Blogging and Fashion"!
Did you ever get a car although you knew from the beginning it would drive you over the edge? I did. Several times. I bought cars from which I knew they were way too expensive. Or which needed much more than just TLC.
This is why I like this independant ad starring Dougray Scott. Because it addresses exactly what it is ALL about: "Desire is something you can't control."
Regarding the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG that charges you up to 317 km/h — no words needed.
Update: Triumph TR3A
Just one word: Motorkultur.